What is the Family and Faith Program?
The Family and Faith program is an initiative of Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) in response to the New Evangelisation Agenda.
The role of the Family Educator is to nurture strong and meaningful parish/parent/school relationships and to explore new models of supporting the spiritual, social and educational formation of families.
These opportunities will assist to strengthen the relationships between the school and parish families as we journey together in Christ.
How can I be a part of the program?
All parents and families with children enrolled, or to be enrolled at our school are welcome to take part in the Family and Faith program. You can learn about the Family and Faith program by reading information sent home in special bulletins and in the school’s fortnightly newsletter.
Various initiatives have been implemented at St Thomas More’s Catholic School, including:
- Parent and classroom SPaRs (Stop, Pray and Reflect)
- Playgroup (including story time, craft and morning tea)
- Family Sacramental craft opportunities
- Support for parish-based Sacramental programs
- Special events throughout the year
- Information sessions for parents on a variety of topics
- Parent faith formation
For more information, please contact our Family Educator, Mrs. Rebecca Usherwood: email@example.com