Our school uses the Compass Parent Portal to communicate information to parents when necessary. Compass is a password-protected web portal that can be accessed in two ways, a phone app and the website.
Using the Compass parent portal, parents are able to:
- Book Parent/Teacher conferences
- View up-to-date class and school attendance information
- Report and explain absences for their child
- Access their child’s semester reports
- Update their email and mobile number (used for SMS alerts)
- Access information regarding upcoming events and news.
- To log on to the Compass Parent Portal you will need a username and password which will be provided to you by the school
Other parent engagement opportunities include:
Fundraising Committee and Class Parents
Parents are involved in fundraising and organising social events. St Thomas More’s parents work in partnership to build a sense of community.
We welcome parental involvement and assistance in classrooms and at school events. As a small school, this assistance is vital and allows parents to develop connections to the school community. All parents are required to complete documentation from Sydney Catholic Schools prior to assisting in classrooms and at school events.
The Advisory Council is a forum that consults, listens to and seeks feedback from the local school and parish communities so that these communities work together to achieve common goals.
The Council’s role is to assist all and to seek feedback from parents relating school processes, curriculum, sporting program, parish connections, pastoral care, suggestions for guest speakers or anything at all that you would like to open for discussion.